Welcome To Islam

Welcome To Islam

Sunday 17 February 2013

Do YoU BeLiEvE iN GoD..............



Do YoU BeLiEvE iN GoD..............





Sometimes we have very interesting and yet vital questions that linger in our
minds:


  1. Why do humans suffer and how can one be happy?
  2. What is the purpose of this life?
  3. What will happen to us after death?
  4. Does God exist?
  5. Were we created or did we evolve from apes?
  6. Why do we have this huge universe?

When one asks these questions to anyone, one gets different answers such as:


  1. I do not care, and I just want to enjoy my life.
  2. Leave me alone. I am trying to survive.
  3. I do not know. I never thought about that.
  4. I know that God exists, but I am confused with all those religions. I do not know
  5. which one is right. I will try to live a good moral life, and that is it.
  6. I know that God exists, but I am not really doing a good job in preparing myself to
  7. meet Him. Maybe I will do that when I retire and have more time.

Only a small percentage of people know why they exist, and they are living their
lives the way it is supposed to be. Those are the people who understand their priorities
in life and act accordingly. Those are the people who appreciate human knowledge and
know its limitation. Those are the people who realize the difference between science and
reality. Einstein said 

 “One thing I have learned in a long life - that all our science,
measured against reality, is primitive and childlike... Science without religion is lame,
religion without science is blind.”

In the present time, it seems that science and technology have an answer for
everything. Consequently, many people may tend to think that they know everything. If
you ask one of those persons about life and how it started, the answer will be quick, and
most likely will be: life started as an organic substance that came to earth through a
comet that collided with earth billions of years ago. Life after that evolved according to
Darwin. Ask him again about human behavior, and he will start referring to Freud. Then,
most people tend to think that we know all the answers about everything. The reality is
that we know very little about few things. And if you don’t believe this statement, just ask
a pharmacist how aspirin works, a brain surgeon how the brain works, or a
psychoanalyst how we dream.


One of the top priorities of anyone in this life, regardless of one’s wealth or social
status, is to make one’s house comfortable. The English language provided the word
“home” to emphasize a feeling of comfort, security, peace, and love in a house. Humans
spend a lot of time and energy to change a house into a home. If someone plans to
move to another house, he usually reserves his energy and money to the next house.
However, everyone knows that all our homes are temporary, and sooner or later
everyone will move to another house or home called “the grave.” Should we not be wise
and invest a little bit in making sure that this grave is a home? Should we not make sure
that this home will have "light and heat"? Would we not like to have this grave as a piece
of paradise? Ancient Egyptians dramatized this concept 5000 years ago. They did not
just build graves; they built pyramids. The fourth dynasty pharaoh Khufu (also known as
Cheops) built the great pyramid of Giza, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world,
as his tomb. The pictures of this tomb do not do the pyramid any justice. This pyramid is
much larger than anyone would think. It covers 13 acres and contains more than 2
million blocks of stone. This proves that what the ancient Egyptians experienced in their
daily life was just as important as what awaited them beyond the death’s gate. They
firmly believed in an afterlife that was not all that different from the normal life. This
concept of ensuring comfort in the afterlife, although practiced by polytheists, had its root
in the original monotheist religion, perhaps by Enoch (Prophet Idris in Arabic). Some
scholars believe that Prophet Idris was the same as the ancient Egyptian god Osiris.
The questions, that everyone should ask, are:
Should I invest heavily in a home that I will live in, perhaps, for tens of years, or in
the home that I will live there for, perhaps, thousands of years?
How can I make this home for thousands of years extremely comfortable?
The Quran goes one step further than that by labeling life in the grave as only a visit,
which indicates a short stay, compared to eternity.

How do I make sure that God exists? How do I achieve strong belief? And, how do
I know that I am following the right religion? My religion tells me that it is the true religion.
This is also the same for Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, and all the rest of the
religions. I want to be sure that I am following the right religion. Humans have choices to
select a religion, but they cannot control the consequences of their choices.
Consequently, I started my search with an open mind and a total objectivity.

No comments: